Monday, January 2, 2017

Welcome 2017!!

It's the first Monday of the new year and I'm feeling great! I woke up as early as I could this morning...8:17am. I set my alarm for earlier but it was shut off after one minute. I don't remember doing that but I guess I did! haha Anyways, when I woke up I was thinking about getting on Netflix to watch a rerun of a novela I had already watched, Lo Que La Vida Me Robo, I just can't get enough of Angelique and Sebastian. Okay getting off track! Instead of doing that, I ate breakfast and read my bible and I feel really good. Something about praying and reading the word as soon as you wake up makes you feel better throughout the day. So I did that...and now I'm here writing...or I should really say typing. 😅

Totally off topic again but I'm sitting on my couch and decided I wanted to extend my feet. I was worried the blanket wouldn't reach, but what do you know? It does. Well that's one good thing about being short! 😁 This is probably not even funny to you but I thought it was funny. I'm always complaining about being short but this is a plus. haha!

Okay so this post does have a purpose. I wanted to share my wishes for 2017.

  1. This year I hope to achieve progress with my physical health. I am always on and off with my fitness routines and eating healthy. For me it's hard to stick to a plan and finish. I want to finally finish a six week fitness plan. They say it takes 21 days to break bad habits. I've never reached 21 days. So this year I want to reach it and go beyond. Today is the first day of eating healthy and actually working out. I haven't worked out today yet but it's in my plans. If any of you would like to know what plan I'm doing, it's the Tone It Up new year challenge Look For Love. It's six weeks and lasts until Valentines Day! So I will be eating chocolate on valentines day if anyone buys me any! 😁If you want to sign up just click on the link and sign up! I've been a member for many years so i already have access to all the nutrition plans and the recipes and the plans are lifesavers! I could not do it on my own!
  2. I want to be spiritually active, which means I spend time with God as soon as I wake up each morning. It can be anything from reading the word out loud, praying, talking, putting on worship music to worship Him. Throughout the day I will say little prayers thanking Him and putting all of my fears and worries on Him. I want to honor Him in everything I do.
  3. I want to put some of our savings into education for myself. I'm homeschooling Judah and Micah and I think It would be smart to put some education and knowledge into myself to be able to teach my kids better. I would also like to take some photography and business classes to keep refreshing my knowledge on the subjects. We all learn new things everyday. Even the stuff you think you know, you really may not. 
  4. I want to be more adventurous. I know I have kids and it may be harder but it's not impossible! I want to take my kids to see the wonders of the world! I want them to experience the peace I feel when I'm at the top of the mountains, or at the feet of the ocean. I want them to see all that God has created and relish in it.
  5. I want to be more generous and caring towards others. I feel like this has always been a struggle for me and I want to get better and be better. I want to care for others naturally and not have to think about it. I sometimes find myself not caring for others after the fact and then I feel really bad and re-run the situation or conversation in my head and think, 'well that wasn't really nice...I should have done this or said that.' I want to better myself!
 These are my wishes for 2017! I have a lot more that I would like to accomplish but I have to take small steps and work towards getting to those other goals I have in mind.
Happy New Year!