Monday, January 16, 2017

I'm In La La Land

The first time I saw the trailer for this movie, La La Land, I fell in love. Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone...heck yes. Oh and it's a musical? Well this sounds like the perfect movie! Let me tell you. This movie exceeded my expectations. Justin Hurwitz did an exceptional job with composing all of the music. I was very impressed. Damien Chazelle, bravo!! This modern day musical was amazing and made this girl's heart very happy. I don't think I stopped smiling through out the entire movie...except towards the end. I have to admit that I did tear up a bit. Last but not least, Mandy Moore, who choreographed all the dances did an amazing job as well! This film was nothing but magical. 

The music alone moved me. I've been listening to the soundtrack on youtube non-stop. It's soo good. Ryan Gosling did a heck of job learning all of the piano pieces for the movie within four months! That's a lot of dedication! I'm beyond impressed. If anyone watched Emma's golden globe speech...she's absolutely right. This movie is for dreamers. This movie honestly inspired me to start dreaming again. I feel like I've sort of given up on my dreams because there are soo many people out there who have the same dreams as me. When I watch other movies and see the siblings who have that simple life with the husband and kids, I always think that I don't want to be the sibling who settles down for the simple life. I want to be the protagonist who lives an adventurous life and takes chances!

For those of you who know me, I've always dreamed of becoming a professional singer, but I always felt that this person or that person was soo much better than me, and I got it in my head that I just wasn't good enough. I wanted to be an actor too, but any time I attempted to try out for a part in a play I would get stage fright and either forget my lines or stutter. Yea, I never got a main role in a play or a musical. So because of my stage fright, I gave up on my dreams. So thanks to this movie I'm starting to dream again and I should try harder at what makes my heart jump out of my chest and really makes me happy inside and out. I've been in La La Land this whole week just dreaming and I've actually found myself singing more around the house. Is it possible to fall in love with a musical? 

Anyways, if you haven't seen this movie yet I highly recommend it!

I've been waiting to watch it for a good while now. I was kind of upset because I was thinking that I was going to have to wait for it to come out on dvd...but lucky me, I convinced the husband to watch the kids. I drove 35-40 minutes to town to see this movie...by myself. It reminded me of my high school days when I'd go see several movies by myself after school just so that I could enjoy the movie without any talk or someone next to me to distract me. On the weekends my sister and I would go to Blockbuster and rent a ton of movies new and old to watch during the weekend. I miss Blockbuster. There's no movie rental places anywhere near me, so Netflix and Amazon Prime it is.

Go watch this movie! :D