Saturday, November 26, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

 This is the first year I've ever spent a holiday without Judah and Micah. It felt weird without them here with us, but I know they were having a great time with our family back home in Missouri. I can't wait to see their cute little faces next week! We were planning to put up our Christmas tree after Thanksgiving but we're going to wait until the boys our back to put it up.
 On Thanksgiving I spent the morning cooking and getting ready for pictures. My friend Elisa and I planned to take pictures of each other. It was her 15th anniversary with her husband! Isn't that awesome!? I also had a few other friends with anniversaries on Thanksgiving day. Our Thanksgiving dinner was delicious and nutritious! I made some vanilla flan for dessert and it was amazing! I love flan! We spent the night around a bonfire and talked really late. It was super nice. Ezrah kept handing Elisa's husband wood to put in the fire to keep it going. It was really cute.
 I'm soo thankful for my military family here in North Carolina. It's hard to make friends when you move around every few years, but I'm really thankful my friends here made it really easy! :) I remember in Kansas, It took me almost a year to make any new friends. It was rough! I'm soo thankful for all my family and friends. I'm especially thankful for my kids. I love them with all of my heart. They keep me going day in and day out. They are the reason I want to be better and do better everyday. They bring joy to my life everyday and I will never stop being thankful for them, and all of the other blessings Jesus has given us.
I'm thankful for this man right here. For working hard to provide for our family. For serving this country we live in. For training everyday to protect our families from the enemy. I'm thankful for all of the military, police, firemen, and anyone else who fights to protect this country and our families. I'm thankful for you!

Also, thank you to Elisa Costa Photography for photographing these lovely pictures of me, my husband, and Ezrah. Love you!
I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving! Here are a few pictures I took on thanksgiving below. :)