Sunday, August 14, 2016

Life Lately

This past week has been full of productivity. I rearranged my house for the 3rd or 4th time since we moved here a month ago. I know I know...I'm that person. I am my mother's daughter after all! I can remember being soo aggravated with her when I was younger because me and my sister would always have to help here re-arrange our furniture, our kitchen cabinets, and our porch ever so often...and now look at me, doing the same thing! Haha we had to rearrange our wall decor too. Evan helped with that...meaning he did all the work and I let him know if the pictures were even or looked good there. love you hunny! 
A couple weeks ago I picked up a beat up desk from the side of the road and I just finished painting it! I'm really happy with the way it's turning out. There are a few more things I want to do with it, but I will definitely post about it when it's finished!! It was on my list of things to get done this month. 
I also looked through all of our homeschooling materials to be prepared for when we start school Monday. I wrote down our schedule on a huge office calendar so that I can see what we have to do every day through out the day without having to flip through pages to check to see what's next after we complete an activity. Sorry such a long sentence!

I also have decided to stream line my blog name to my photography business name. So here in the near future I will be changing my blog name to Mad Love Life to compliment Mad Love Fotos! So look out for it! I'm going to try and make it to where you can type in either name (the Watkins Diaries) in the url and it will still direct you here! We shall see. :)
So I've been re-watching episodes of Nashville while cleaning and rearranging my house. Don't judge! It's a good show! Kind of reminds me of my telenovelas...only an American version. Anyways, I have the song "A Life That's Good" stuck in my head. Go listen to it now. There's this one verse in it that says "I have more than I should" and I've been taking it to heart because I do have more than I should and I should be thankful for everything I have. And while I am thankful... I also think we unknowingly aren't sometimes. We always want or "need" things that we think will make us happy...and really once we get those things, we're only happy temporarily. Then it's on to the next thing. Same goes for being healthy. Be thankful you are healthy because not everyone is. Be thankful you are able to have kids because not everyone can. Be thankful you have a roof over your head because not everyone does. Oh you hate your job? Be thankful you have a job because there others out there who would love to have it. Be thankful you got to eat today because there are others who are literally starving. Be thankful you have family and friends because not everyone does. Be thankful you can read and write. Be thankful you have internet to be able to look up anything! You get the idea. Anyways that's what was on my heart and I just wanted to share it with you all. Have a blessed Sunday!