Monday, August 29, 2016

Homeschooling Week Two

This week went by quick and it seemed to be easier than last week. I'm sure it only gets easier every week. Judah loves to learn and he's really easy to work with. We learned about the weather and why it rains and what makes rainbows. We did a few science activities to go with it too! Judah loved it. We learned the letter B and practiced writing it and pointing out words that start with the letter b. We worked on math...but that math plan that we're doing seems way too easy for him. Luckily I had flash cards and we practiced addition and subtraction which seemed to be a good challenge for him. We also do a lot of story time and I'll ask him questions about the chapter we just read and what had happened in the chapter before that as a review so he'll remember better. 
On Friday I woke up super sick. I had a sore throat, cough, runny nose, and a headache. I don't know how or why I got it but I did. yay... Anyways, I sucked it up because I had an outdoor scavenger hunt planned for the kids that I couldn't pass on. They have been looking forward to it all week. So that's what we did on Friday. I was miserable and the heat didn't do me any good. When we got back home I slept for a long time...I think. I'm not sure what happened to the rest of my day. Then I woke up Saturday feeling soo much better. I was thinking all that throat tea I drank the day before really worked...then I woke up Sunday morning feeling just as bad as I did on Friday. Ugh Why???  And on top of all that I got Evan sick too. He's not too fond of me right now because of it. haha just kidding. He loves me. 
We took Judah to his first cub scouts meeting today and we had to split before it was over because both Evan and I were miserable standing outside in the heat trying to keep Ezrah from running away. We traded him off a few times and we were like "we can't do this right now!" I felt like I was going to pass out. I felt bad and we probably looked bad but I just wanted to go home and get in bed. I'll just say that I attempted to take a video of Judah and Micah blowing their boats with a straw to the finish line and turned out I wasn't even recording the entire time. That's how out of it I was. I wish we had felt better because they were doing some really fun activities with the kids but I just couldn't. A nanny would have been good at this point. hehe Judah didn't seem to mind though. We took the kids to some frozen yogurt to make up for leaving. Sitting down in an air conditioned environment was better than standing outside in the heat chasing a toddler around. We went home and relaxed after that.
Big thanks to my friend Nikki, who was in all of her senses, for capturing this moment of Judah!

Until next time fellers! Make it a great week!