Thursday, July 7, 2016

We Made it to North Carolina!

Hello there blogger world. The Watkins family has officially moved to NC! It's soo crazy to think that I'm really living here right now. It's pretty awesome so far. We were lucky enough to get a house our first day there. It's off post/on post housing...meaning it's military housing off post. We live about 20 minutes from Fort Bragg. We were welcomed by a bunch of our neighbors! I've never had so many neighbors come over and introduce themselves before! We became quick friends that first day and all of our kids did too. While we were unpacking the neighbors helped out and everyone ended up eating snow cones from the Kona Truck! I knew ice cream trucks existed but this is the first time I've ever heard of Snow Cone trucks! They were pretty good by the way. We are definitely blessed with awesome neighbors! Raleigh is about an hour away and the beach is about 2 hours away. Not too shabby! I'm excited for new adventures here!

The drive here was AMAZING! We had planned on getting here in two days...but our plans quickly changed and we ended up taking 3 1/2 days. We got to drive through Missouri, Kentucky, Indiana, West Virginia, and Virginia before we hit NC.
(I took this photo on an off hwy in Indiana. ^^)
We wanted to stop at the Slugger Museum in Kentucky, but by the time we got there it was closed so we kept driving. Once we hit West Virginia, Evan and I both fell in love...I mean...all of those mountains are just beautiful. Evan was driving the UHAUL and I was driving the flex when he called me and was like, "so...West Virginia huh?" and I was like, "I was thinking the same thing!" We seriously just might move there when Evan retires. I can't stop thinking about how gorgeous it is! While we were driving through the beautiful state we decided to stop twice! We first stopped in Tamarack (it was just a pit stop with a very nice shop and some yummy food.) 
 Almost everywhere we went Micah would either hold Ezrah's hand or hold his back like this to make sure he would cross the street or parking lot safely. :)
 There was a play area outside of the shops...we spent most of the time here letting the kids get there wiggles out.
Then we stopped at the state park and let the kids play in the creek for a few hours. It was a good day. I'm in love with the mountains. I bet WV has a bunch of nice hiking trails and camping there. :) I get butterflies just thinking about it. I know, I'm cheesy. There's supposed to be a bunch of good hiking here in NC too! I'm soo excited to go on more adventures! Anyways, here are some photos of us good looking peeps at the creek!