Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A Little Trip to Raleigh

We went to Raleigh this past weekend! We were going to go on Saturday but I didn't feel up to par that day, so we went Sunday after church. We heard about some kind of Marbles Museum for kids so we decided to check it out. It was AMAZING! I've never been to a children's museum like this before. I mean I've been to a "Children's Museum" before but they weren't always allowed to touch everything and they had a few places where they could play. I tried to teach Judah chess...but it's hard to teach someone when you don't even know how...oops.


These little cubes were cool. I wanted to get in there myself! Did they have children museums back in the 90s? Because if they did, I'm very disappointed my parents never took me to one. haha
My little gymnast. hehe He saw this little girl doing flips on those ring thingys and so he tried to do it too...I could not stop laughing. It was just soo funny! He couldn't do a flip but he did try. hahaha It was great. I wish I had taken a video of it.
Judah jumped on the trampoline just like this for a good two minutes or so. I know he's my kid but I just thought it was the funniest thing.
Micah really enjoyed playing hockey for a few minutes. He's left handed so he couldn't get the handle right. (see what I did there?) I kept telling him to flip it but he wouldn't. Oh well. He'll learn one day.
All was good and well until the baby tried to eat the paint.
This is what I wore...all day. My feet were hurting soo bad. Never again will I wear high heels to a museum...or park. 
After having fun at the Museum we went to Beasley's Chicken and Honey...let me tell you, they did not disappoint!
Also, the lighting in this restaurant was on point! Nothing compared to the museum lighting. There were many grainy photos because it was too dark and I had to raise my iso to be able to capture it because I don't have a flash yet...but I'm saving for that. hehe
I got Chicken Pot Pie! SOO so good! I also got some chicken on the side and the kids got their special mac n cheese! It was delicious and Evan got the chicken and waffles. He didn't know how to eat it. haha Needless to say we were looking at other people's tables to see if anyone was eating the same thing and how. haha
We went to the Yates Mill County Park before heading back home. I was wearing the wrong shoes and I just wanted to take a few pictures but there was rocks everywhere and I had three kids to chase because Evan was too busy trying to catch them all. It was crazy. We didn't stay long...in that area anyways. I was freaking out if one of them were to accidentally fall in the water. I probably looked ridiculous trying to keep my balance. haha
It was my birthday yesterday, so this trip was sort of like a present for me. I really enjoyed the day. I'm 23 years old now. That sounds soo crazy to me. I feel old only because of my three kids. They're growing soo fast. I spent the entire day yesterday trying to do laundry, clean, and later on when Evan came home from work, he surprised me with strawberry cheesecake and a nice card. It was cute. And then my kids and Ev sang happy birthday to me and we ate cake before dinner. That's all any girl could ever ask for. A cake, a card, and her family to share it with. That's all I'll ever need. I'm soo grateful for these four boys that make my life an adventure full of love and happiness. I love you guys.
A few flower pictures for you on your lovely Tuesday!