Thursday, May 19, 2016

Judah's Birthday and...Evan's Birthday!

Judah recently turned 5 years old! And by recently, I mean a few weeks ago...lets say April 19th to be specific. I know I know, I'm really behind here. Evan turned 25! a week ago...or two. (insert guilty cheese face emoji here.)

Judah has been the joy of my life for five years now. My first born is growing up and as much as I wish he could just stay little a little while longer, I know that's impossible. All I can do is keep teaching him the right way to go and make sure he's ready for the life ahead of him. To treat people right, to stick up for what's right, to help out his brothers when they need him. 

Anyways, we were in Missouri for Judah's birthday and we decided last minute to throw him a Batman themed birthday party at my brother's restaurant. It was crazy but a lot of fun. Judah kept saying the restaurant was his for the day...and I guess he wasn't wrong because it was decorated with Batman all over the place for him. My cousin Kat made his Batman cake and Judah went ballistic! He loved it and wanted to eat it right away. I told him he had to wait for everyone to get there to sing happy birthday to him first. He was all for it and kept asking me if everyone is here yet. haha Once it was time to cut the cake though, he obviously wanted the entire batman symbol. I gave him a quarter of it. Luckily he wasn't mad about it. I almost didn't have enough cake for everyone there! I should have bought ice-cream too! oh well. I didn't think of it in time.
I wish I could have taken more pictures but I was soo busy catering to everyone there that I couldn't get around to taking many. Evan was holding Ezrah and chasing him around almost the whole time so he couldn't do much either.

Watching Judah's face light up the way it did, made my day. I just wanted him to be happy and I really hope he remembers this birthday. He was really happy his cousin Xavier was there and you could not separate the two if you tried! Them two are something else when they are together. I'll just leave it at that. haha Times like these make me really wish we lived back home close to all of our family and friends just to see them all more often.
 Before everyone started to leave I made Judah go and tell everyone thank you for coming...he didn't like it at first but then I think he realized that he ought to be thankful because he had the biggest smile telling everyone thank you after that first one. :) Once we started clearing out it was time to pop balloons! 
 And a family picture of Evan's side of the family!
This one was the best one in case anyone was wondering! There may or may not have been a little incident before we took these pictures. haha

On Judah's actual birthday me and Evan surprised him early in the morning with a skateboard! He's been begging for one for the longest time so we got him one! He was happy! Just look at his cute little face! :)
 (heart eye emojis here) ♥♥♥♥♥♥
and a picture of Ezrah because he was being cute. :) We actually left for Kansas on Judah's birthday. Which was kind of sad because I wanted to do family activities with him...like maybe take him to get ice-cream, go to the park, or take him to see a movie. Something! Instead we drove 8 hours. sigh. Life is good though because we got home safe and sound.

A couple weeks later we celebrated Evan's birthday!!! I went ahead and made a cookies and cream cheese cake for him and it was soo good! We all ate it within two days!

ALAS la receta/recipe

  • 1 package of oreos
  • 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
  • 1 8oz package of cream cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups of whipping cream
  • 4 tbsp of sugar glass or sugar
  • 3 tbsp of vanilla extract
Here's what you need to do. 
  1.  in a bowl crush a whole row and a half of oreos.
  2.  In the same bowl add 3 tbsps of melted unsalted butter. 
  3.  Mix well.
  4.  Add mix to the pan you want to serve the cheesecake in. It does not have to be a baking pan. :)
  5.  Push to the bottom well. It's your crust.
  6.  Make sure you put your whipping cream in the freezer for a good 15 to 20 minutes before you start making the cake. You want it as cold as it can be without freezing it of course, so that it can rise well.
  7.  Put 1 1/2 cups of cold whipping cream in bowl. Use machine mixer and mix until it's fluffy.
  8.  Add sugar and vanilla. Mix.
  9.  Add cream cheese. Mix.
  10.  Now add as much crumbled up oreos as you wish and stir into the mix.
  11.  Put some nice half or whole oreos on top for decoration.
  12.  Cover and freeze for a couple hours and then refrigerate a few hours before you plan on eating it. :) Sooo good. 
Evan had a good birthday, thanks to my delicious cake. :) Nothing like homemade.
Love you sweet cheeks! ♥