Friday, October 16, 2015

♥ Five Years With This Man of Mine ♥

I never really officially met my husband. He and I went to the same youth group for years and never noticed each other. I didn't even care to know who he was until he started dating one of my girlfriends and even then, I knew him as "that Evan guy" A couple years later, I saw him at church again and said hey. I must have made quite the impression on him too because I don't remember saying hi to him! I usually say hi to everyone, so for me he was probably just another random person I was saying hello to. Sorry babe. 

One of my earliest first memories of us together though, was at Denny's. A group of some of our mutual friends were going to eat there after church one night and I went not really caring who else was going. When we got there, we were sitting across the table from each other. To be honest, I don't remember what anyone was talking about that night because all I could do was stare at his beautiful blue eyes. For real you guys! I probably looked like that dumb founded girl in a movie, day dreaming about the guy she's crushing on! Since that night, I made it a priority to get to know this guy. And no, I did not stalk him. I went on with my normal schedule, only since he was back from college he was always showing up and hanging out with the same group of people I was hanging out with. Which made me a really happy girl because I got to see him. 

Back then, I was way more outgoing than I am now and I actually asked for his number first, using a concert that we both wanted to go to as an excuse for getting his number. haha and then, we ended up not going to the concert because they had sold out before we could buy tickets! 

There was this one night though...we were out at the mall with a group of friends and it was raining and if you know me, I love the rain. So here I was dancing in the rain out in the parking lot and not realizing that Evan was there just staring at me with this look on his face like, "this girl is crazy." After the rain died down we left. I was 16 at the time and he was 18 so we did what normal people do on a normal night in a small town. You drive around listening to music and wasting gas. We ended up stopping at a park to talk before I had to go home because I had a curfew and school the next day. What I remember from that talk was Evan turning to me and saying, "I've been meaning to tell you this for a while...but I like you...(and then he grabbed my hand and said) and I think you like me too." and then I smiled and nodded my head.  This obviously would have been a perfect moment for our first kiss but sorry guys we didn't have our first kiss that night. Either way, I went home so happy that night. I had butterflies and everything. It was perfect for me. 

And this my friends was just the beginning of our beautiful love story. Today we've been married for five amazing years. I am so blessed to have this man of mine in my life. I truly thank God every day for all of my boys because I wouldn't have it any other way. Also, this is the third year in a row that I haven't been able to celebrate it with my husband because...army. But we WILL be celebrating when he gets back from training!