Monday, June 1, 2015

10 Reasons Why I Love Being a Mom

1. I don't think anyone loves you more than your child loves you. Judah and Micah follow me everywhere. They ask me to do everything for them even if Evan is home. It's always "Mom! help me put on my shoes! Mom! Come play with me! Mom, come sit with me. Mom, I want sandwich." You get the idea. Even with Ezrah, he looks up to me if he's hungry, needs his diaper changed, and when he gets sleepy. I'm the one they want. Sure it can get annoying sometimes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. (:
2. The sweet sound of your baby's laugh. I can't think of anything more precious than a babies laugh, especially if it's your baby. It's basically the cutest thing on earth and makes me smile so much that my cheeks start to hurt. They do say Fairies are born from a baby's first laugh after all.
3. You get hugs and kisses all day. I promise you, that if you ever have kids you will have an abundant amount of hugs and kisses all day. It's pure bliss. I love being loved that much.
4. You get to watch Your Babies Grow. Nothing is more astounding than watching your little ones grow through the years. It's quite a site. From learning their characteristics, to learning what they love to do the most, to learning what their favorite songs, movies, shows are, etc. etc.
5. I get to have nap time. Nap time is the best time. It's me time, and I'm glad my kids love me enough to want to take a 30 minute to an hour nap almost every day. Sometimes when I'm super tired, I'll take one with them...which is probably most of the time honestly. You can ask Evan. haha
6. There's seriously never a dull moment. If you are a mother, you know this to be true. There's always something going on. The kids will either be making you laugh because they are just being super funny and ridiculous or they will be wrestling each other which is also funny as long as no one is getting hurt. Then there's the occasional outings to the park or to the pool or to a family fun event which we probably wouldn't go to if we didn't have kids.
7. I get to be the teacher. Hello! This is the most rewarding job on earth and the most hardest thing to do as well. Depending on how I teach my kid will determine how he turns out in the long run...I mean, no pressure right?
8. I'm my own boss. I don't know what's better, getting to decide what we are going to do for the day or getting to decide how late we stay up or sleep in. Luckily my kids aren't in school yet so we all get to stay up late watching movies together and we get to sleep in the next day too! It's pretty great. Soon though, I have to start getting them to bed early because Judah is starting preschool this fall!
9. I learn from my kids. Believe it or not, but you will learn things about yourself that you will never know until you have kids. They make me want to be a better person. They teach me how important it is to be kind, loving, and caring to one another. I've learned to be sooo patient thanks to them and how important forgiveness is.
10. I get to be a kid all over again. Children are very curious about everything and they are all about the journey and adventure. They are all about having fun, which has allowed me to loosen up... A LOT. So I pretty much get to be a kid all over again thanks to my kids.

So there you have it! 10 reasons why I love being a mother to my three wonderful children. If any of you can think of other reason why you love to be a mother, I would love to know! I'm sure there are a lot of things I probably missed but here's the gist of it. 
Happy Monday everyone! ♥