Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snowpocalypse In Kansas

This has been the coldest winter since I was a little chickling. I think. Anyways, we've gotten used to the cold to the point where it's not that bad under 20 degrees. Today for instance, it was around 10 degrees outside and it felt fine to me! haha also we got more than a foot of snow, and Evan didn't have to go to work today and he doesn't have work tomorrow either, which is really saying something considering how strict the Army is. The entire post was/still is basically closed down. We're snowed in for the rest of the week! fun fun...
I, of course had the chiquios help me shovel the drive way. OH and they had a blast. I remember when it first snowed this winter and Micah didn't want to have anything to do with the snow, and now he's used to it and actually enjoys it somewhat. He wanted to stay out longer than Judah did today, which is weird because Judah loves loves loves the snow.
Micah giving me the smoochie smooch face. I can't get enough of it!
You can't see it very well in this picture, but I made a pathway with the bigger shovel so they could walk down the driveway to have a wider area to play in, instead of staying on the porch where there was only a small layer of snow. Evan did come out later, and shoveled the entire drive way. What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man. You know the song? Can't remember who sings it. haha
When your child has ice on his eyelashes from the cold, that's when you know it's time to go inside. My poor baby. haha But he's a kid and doesn't care. I'm pretty sure they're immune to cold weather. 
And my hat looks like a forest if you take a closer look. Evan was making fun of me for it. Husbands, don't ya love em?
I literally haven't had this much fun playing in the snow since middle school. Maybe it's from watching my little ones play in the snow, and I decided it was okay to be a kid only for today. We were outside in the snow for about two hours having pure fun until our bodies started going numb. 
Evan pushed me in the deep snow, and my foot ...I shouldn't say foot because my entire leg was stuck and when I pulled it out there was snow all inside my boot. Not fun. haha but it was funny. Also, my coat did used to be black, thanks to Evan who was throwing snow all over me with the shovel. (:
There's the man behind it all. wink wink. Kiss kiss. I love him. (:
HAVE FUN AND STAY WARM FRIENDS!!!