Friday, June 28, 2013

Family Gal

 
This past week was the best week I've had in a long time. I was able to meet up with two of my cousins for supper while Judah was at VBS (vacation bible school). It was great being able to catch up! Especially with no interruptions. I love my cousins! 

The next few days I was able to get all of these lovelies together again! It was very much needed! We all haven't been together since high school! We're getting old! It feels that way anyways. I was due for much needed girl time. I couldn't tell you the last time I was able to spend alone time with just the girls. YES it's been that long! That morning Lili and I made pancakes together for breakfast and we met up with Kayla and Jess for lunch. So much fun in one day! We talked for hours, and as you can tell in this picture above, my oldest best-est friend Jessica is three months pregnant!!! I'm beyond excited for her! 

Later on that exact evening there were tornado warnings all through the area. It was a scary night. Just look at that ominous cloud right there! craziness. It was directly over my father-in-laws house. I know I'm crazy for being outside taking pictures when it was that close. I wasn't outside much longer though. I headed straight to the basement after I took this picture below. Thank God literally that we made it through the night safe and no funnel clouds hit the ground although we did have some pretty nasty lightning.
and this right here is my future house...just kidding but maybe I'm not kidding.. Truth is, I'm not really sure yet. I do really really love this house though. It's my step-grandmother in-law's house. She's selling it because she recently moved to another home. I'm just a sucker for old houses and that old warm touch to the house. It's a special home for sure. If Evan wasn't in the army I would definitely be moving into this humble abode right here.