Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Back In MO Where The Heart Is

 I'm back in Missouri only for two weeks. I thought I was coming to stay for three, but all is good. I'm here with my family all the while, I'm missing Evan like crazy. O well, work is work.

 This past weekend is what's up though. My mother-in-law Sonya, and brother-in-law Ryan came to visit. We went out for Mexican food as soon as they arrived, and as you can already tell, we found the sombrero's to be quite amusing. Judah put one on but he wouldn't keep it on long enough for me to take a good picture. On Saturday we spent half the day dealing with my car, trying to get it fixed. I ended up getting screwed over. I payed too much for everything I didn't ask them to do. They decided not to fix what I wanted them to fix. While waiting for my car, Sonya and I shaved most of Chancho's hair off. He has soo much hair! I feel bad because we left it a little bit uneven...At least he'll be cooler for the Summer. I never knew how hard it was to shave a dog. Geeezz. After getting my car back we all went to the Calvary Museum on post. We had such a good time. I got to ride on an elevator with a fancy (okay...not so fancy) gate. It reminded me of the movie "Titanic". All of those pretty gated elevators. I just can't believe after a year of living in Fort Riley, this was the first time we've been to the museum. Judah was asleep for most of it, and when he woke up he decided to be pouty faced for a while. That night we all got our own Ben & Jerry's ice cream and settled down to watch Mystery Men. Sunday, my Judah went to MO with his grandma. The rest of Sunday and all of Monday I kept expecting Judah to run out of his room yelling my name and at times I kept thinking he was asleep and that he'd be waking up any minute and then I'd remember that wasn't there. Basically I missed him like crazy for two days, and Evan left super early Monday morning. The house was too quiet. It was a really sad day, but now that I'm in MO with my family again, all is well.
 When Judah woke up from his nap he was so pouty that he sat in the middle of the road and refused to get up until I came and carried him away.
He saw these steps and all of a sudden he's wasn't so pouty anymore until it was time to leave.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far!!