Thursday, May 30, 2013

Bahama Mama: Parte 2

I'm so glad I got to spend the week with my mujeres! (Mom & Sister). We had so much fun and a lot of needed bonding time spent. I'm sure my mother enjoyed her grandchildren as well. Us three haven't been together since New Years and the time before that it was April of 2012. We're super close and I will always be a mama's girl and Toni will always be my best friend no matter how far away she is. The only thing I don't like about living far away from family, It's hard to say goodbye. Thank God we're not stationed in a different country!
I think this picture sums up how my family is always ^^
See what I mean? Madre sure enjoyed her nietos ^^
The thing that I liked most about Freeport is all the privacy. Not many people go to Freeport when they visit the Bahamas. We pretty much had the beach to ourselves. It was very relaxing and very much needed. Freeport has an awesome street market, which we didn't get to go to this time around, and they have the main market by the name of Port Lucaya. We went there almost every day; mainly for food and drinks. They had so many unique handmade gifts to buy such as these necklaces and bracelets. They even had handmade basket purses and wallets made from straw, I didn't have very much money on me to spend, but I had fun looking! The resort we stayed at has different activities to do every day and they had Karaoke night while I was there, and of course I went for it! I sang Blue by Leann Rimes and a few other songs by Frank Sinatra. The first time I sang in front of a crowd since I moved to Kansas a year ago! It was a big deal for me.