Saturday, February 23, 2013

Small Gardens

 I am in the process of making a small garden inside my home! I am so excited because this is my first time. I was looking at ABM's (A Beautiful Mess) blog a couple weeks ago and I saw their post on '5 Tips For Adding Green To Your Home' and It inspired me to start this little project I have going on. So thank you ABM for inspiring me. I have always admired people that have gardens and take care of them themselves rather than having hired someone to do it for them. It just makes their garden that much more beautiful.
I wanted to wait until I had a home of my own to start my own garden, but I don't think Evan is planning on getting out of the army anytime soon. So, instead of waiting around for something that isn't going to happen, I'm just going to do it. From now on, If I want to do it, It's going to be done. When we move, I guess I'll just have to take everything with me. People travel with plants, don't they? Hopefully I don't screw this up. 
As a little girl, I can remember running around the garden my grandma had, and she'd always ask my sister and I to make her some flower bouquets and then we'd bring them inside and put them inside mason jars. It was so much fun. Her garden was mostly of different colored lavender flowers. So beautiful. It's been eleven years since then, and I've decided that I would like to have a garden just like hers someday. Maybe not as big as hers anytime soon, because of us living a mobile life, but hopefully sooner than expected.
This is just the beginning!
Top photo can be found here.