Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Close and Far at the Same Time

Being an Army Wife is no joke. It is super hard and challenging. Depending on where you are stationed, it is the most isolating place you could be. Evan is gone everyday from 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and sometimes later. When he gets home, he's super tired and doesn't want to do anything. He'll eat dinner, play games, and or watches TV, and then retires for the night. Oh and he also finds out that he's leaving for a week or more to go to the range or even to a different state to train less than a week before he leaves. It's messed up and seriously makes me so angry every time. Today for instance, Evan found out he's leaving at 3 a.m. this Sunday for a week. Looks like I'm going to be spending another Valentines Day alone thanks to the Army. It sucks because I was looking forward to Valentines Day this year. I was actually really super excited about it until today. It's just me and the babies all day everyday. Literally. I'm not saying that I don't like spending time with my kids all day, It's just hard sometimes because It's not like I can have a serious conversation with them and have them babble some life changing advise. It's more like I'm being a teacher all day to two babies who just sleep, scream, cry, wet their diapers, and babble (I'm underestimating them just little bit, they obviously do more than just that..but mostly just that.) I don't think they even have a clue as to what I'm talking about sometimes most of the time.

 I could work if I wanted to, just to have more friends, but I'd be losing more than I would be gaining and It's just not worth it. All the precious moments with my babies I'd be missing out on and I'd be losing money along the way, only because hiring a babysitter would cost more than I would be getting paid. So like I said before It's just me and the babies, and who knows when Evan will get deployed. Heck I might find out tomorrow that he's getting deployed when he gets back, you never know. I'm in one of those relationships with my husband. He's so close but far away at the same time. It is stressful.
Anways..
Here's Day 4: Triple Side Braid..Really easy actually.
Day 5: Waves
and Day 6: Bun. I finally got it to stay.