Saturday, January 12, 2013

Routine

Wake up approximately 6:30-7:00 a.m. except when on vacation..I have to admit I did take advantage of my parents this past Christmas, taking care of Judah early in the morning while I slept in and all.. It was great. Thanks guys.

I then have some me time until 8:00 a.m. then I have to cook breakfast. Judah doesn't like cereal so I have to make him eggs with ham, pancakes, or french toast with strawberry yogurt.

Around 9:00 a.m. we'll occasionally watch Sesame Street or we listen to Christian music and dance around or play hide and go seek.

The rest of the day is up for grabs. Everyday is different. Sometimes we play around all day or we're lazy all day from so much play and (me cleaning while playing) the day before. Comprende?

Some days I feel like I'm wasting my time just sitting around watching Judah play by himself making sure he's not doing anything he's not supposed to be doing. Some times I have to admit that I try to fit in 'me time' while he's awake and It doesn't work out to well and I get upset with him for not leaving me alone for a little while and then I feel bad because I know I hurt his feelings and then I have to play with him. I feel like I'm wasting Judah's time too, watching too much TV. We need to quit watching so much TV all of the time. Or I feel like we do to much of the same thing over and over and over and over...well you get the point.

So I have been seriously thinking about making a schedule...like a school schedule starting at 9:00 a.m., ending at 4-5 p.m. and no schedule to go by on the weekends. I've never been the person to ever even consider this idea. In fact when I first had Judah I told myself that I would never be like those other mom's who put their kids on schedules. But now I see why they do it. I want my kids to learn and discover new things on their own but that also includes me helping and teaching them in the process. Does that make sense? For instance teaching them about music and in the process of me teaching them about music and sounds they'll begin to discover new sounds on their own.

Basically my kids can't teach themselves, and me watching TV with them most of the day does nobody no good. I hardly remember ever watching TV when I was younger. I was happy to play with Jenga blocks and those tiny little green soldiers with my brother. I didn't care about watching t.v. or playing with my mom's Iphone or laptop/computer etc. Not that we had IPhones back then, and laptops and computers were very expensive so we didn't have those either. I look back and I still can't believe that I sometimes used my dad's type writer to write some of my homework up.

Anyways, what I hope to make my schedule up of is reading/learning time, music time, dancing time, nap time, reading/learning time again, taking walks to the park on good days, and puzzle time. Most of this only applies to Judah since Micah is not yet old enough. And after 4 or 5 p.m. Judah can do whatever he wants except destroy the house obviously.
Above are some awesome crayons my mother-in-law Jill gave Judah and we colored with them all day yesterday. It was so much fun. And my sister Toni me regalo this awesome journal. I've been needing a new one, and I love love love the elephant design! Gracias mujer!
My sister Toni & Judah
---------------------

21 Day Bible Challenge
Day 11
 1 Peter Chapters 2 & 3
Everything is so important and their are so many awesome verses in these two chapters but here are some verses that stood out to me the most.
Verses: 2:2, 5, & 18
3:8-12, & 17

Winning Verse 3:1
"Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives."