Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hearty Vegetable Soup!

My first time making any kind of vegetable soup! Doesn't it Look delicious! It sure tasted good.
Here is what I did...or how I made it to be exact.
You will need..
2 cups of chopped celery. yumm i love celery
1/5 cup of FRESH chopped onions..
A bag of mixed vegetables. Doesn't matter which kind or how big. I used pictsweets.. something like that. Just get whatever veggies you like. 
Beef broth and Chicken broth, make it = 52 oz.
Diced tomatoes and Tomato sauce
any seasoning of your choice to taste. I used a little bit of salt and a little bit of pepper. I'm not big on measuring unless it's absolutely necessary which in this case It's not.
 I first chopped the celery.. piece of cake.
Then the onions... I personally do not like onions but I have to admit, it gives the soup an awesome flavor and you can hardly tell It's in it. Even more, I hate to chop onions..
This is me acting like I'm excited to have cut the onions and crying at the same time. 
I then added the beef broth and mixed it with chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for maybe 20-25 minutes.
Last but not least add the tomatoes!! Stir in good and simmer for another 20-25 minutes.
Lastly... DO NOT SERVE IMMEDIATELY. It will be hot! (:
If you decide to try this at home... enjoy! IT was REALLY good. 
xox 
Ces