Monday, October 29, 2012

Welcome Baby Micah

I know I haven't posted in a long while. I've been super busy with both of the kids. It has been crazy but awesome all at the same time. Micah was born September 17th 2012 at 7:06 a.m. He weighed exactly 7 pounds and exactly 21 inches. Now he is a little over a month old and weighs almost 13 pounds and 24 inches long. Isn't it amazing how much a baby grows in one month? When he was born I was a little shocked  to hold such a small baby, my baby! Judah seemed so big compared to how little Micah is (was). So here is how it all went down. The week before I was walking like a crazy woman. I went to the fair with my brother once and I thought I was going to have Micah that Wednesday night but no. At the time I was dilated 4 cm. I went to the doctor Thursday morning and she was surprised I hadn't gone into labor yet. She said if I don't go into labor by Tuesday we'll induce Wednesday morning at 4 a.m. On that note Evan decided to come to MO Saturday morning so he had the rest of the weekend with me without the new baby. We wanted to spend some time together before Micah came along, which we did. 

Monday morning around 4:30 a.m. Judah wakes up crying so I got him some milk and I laid down with him. As soon as I laid down my water broke. It was crazy! I immediately got up and obviously super excited I took Judah to my parents room and told them my water had broke my mom got super excited so I hurried and took a shower. My contractions started after I got out of the shower and I woke up Evan to let him know. He did not believe me. He was real crabby but who wouldn't be at 5 in the morning? Evan, mom, and I went to the hospital around 5:30. This time around I was begging for the epidural since my first time with Judah hurt like crazy and they had to put the oxygen mask on me because I couldn't breathe and I passed out twice. This time I was getting the needle. Turns out It was too late for the needle. I was already at 9 cm by the time they got the IV on me and I was done filling out the paper work. Honestly it did not hurt as bad as the first time. Maybe because I was more relaxed this time and I knew what to expect. My doctor however did not make it on time. Which is okay. All went well.
Evan has been much help when he is able to be. One thing I do not like about the army, my husband is almost gone all of the time. Right now he is gone for six days straight (they do this frequently, maybe once and sometimes twice a month). Other than that I am doing fine. great actually. I feel like that single successful mom sometimes. Main reason is, I DO EVERYTHING!. haha which is fine. After all is said and done, I feel like super mom which is such a great feeling. I go to bed happy everyday for what I have accomplished in one day and all of the week. 
This is my first week home in KS. I got out of the shower to find Evan sleeping with the boys! how cute!?